The Mares Quad Air is an air integrated, multiple gas, wrist dive computer that has a large clear display with jumbo size characters. The unit can receive data for Hoseless Tank Data Integration, supporting up to three air transmitters.
ScubaLab Best Buy 2019
Computers with crystal-clear displays can become cluttered once tank pressure is squeezed in. But that was no worry when the Quad (a previous Testers Choice) got an up- grade to the Quad Air, thanks to its 11⁄2 x 21⁄4- inch screen. The Quad Air remains, as one test diver said, "super-clear and easy to read." It earned very good scores for readability at the surface and underwater. Basic data is clearly displayed, as is advanced info such as the runaway deco alarm. The four-button operation is a cinch to master, and the Quad Air was surprisingly ergo-friendly, even on smaller divers. Slightly conservative in our chamber dives, it has no digital compass, and Bluetooth requires an optional clip-on interface. But the Quad Air delivers AI, advanced features, simple operation and an easy-read screen at an attractive price. The Quad Air is our Best Buy 2019.
The tank module air transmitters have a colour LED that alerts your dive buddy if you have a low air situation during your dive. The receiver (wrist unit) has a three-row layout which comprises all relevant data including tank pressure and two customisable fields for ancillary information.
With the Mares Quad Air you can use up to three gas mixtures during the dive. These can be Air and Nitrox mixes up to 99%. Setting the computer to include one or more oxygen enriched gases in addition to your main gas, allows you to benefit from shorter decompression times by switching gases during the dive.
The Mares Quad Air dive computer has a maximum depth display of 150 metres (492 ft), a memory capacity of 38 hours, can be set for imperial or metric units of measure, fresh or saltwater diving environments. The Quad Computer features a stopwatch, power indicator and a plan mode functions. If you use for multiple divers or for resort dive operations the computer has a residual nitrogen reset function.
When diving the Quad Air you can choose to use audio alarms or just visual depending on your diving needs. Monitor your ascent rate and dive at altitudes up to 3,700 metres (12,100 ft) with this RGBM Mare-Wienke based algorithm dive computer. The computer has a quartz clock function that provides time and date in a 12 or 24 hour format.
The Mares Quad Air Dive Computer has a back light function for diving in low light conditions and can be used with air, nitrox or as a bottom timer device. When diving the wrist computer will provide current depth, maximum depth, stopwatch, dive time, temperature, and when ascending, ascent speed in feet or metres per minute.
The computer is compatible with download/upload options for PC or MAC computers. Computer comes with a durable rubber wrist band and comes with an owner's manual.
Mares Quad Air Wrist Dive Computer Features
- Magnificently clear display with jumbo size information
- Hoseless tank data integration for up to three transmitters
- Gas Switching:
Use up to three gas mixtures during the dive (Air and Nitrox only)
One or More Oxygen Enriched Nitrox Gases (up to 99%)
Switching Gases During the Dive
Benefit from Shorter Decompression Times
- Mineral Glass Display:
Superior Scratch Resistance
Improved Readability in All Diving Conditions and Viewing Angles
- Three-row layout comprises all relevant data including tank pressure
- Two customisable fields for ancillary information
- Four buttons for intuitive user interface
- Mirrored button function during dive
- Option to view dive time including seconds
- Modes: Air, Nitrox or Bottom Timer
- Runaway deco alarm
- Decompression dive planner with user adjustable surface interval
- Maximum Depth Display: 150 metres (492 ft)
- Memory Capacity: 38 Hours
- Imperial or Metric Units of Measure
- Set for Fresh or Saltwater Diving
- Stopwatch, Power Indicator and Plan Mode Functions
- Residual Nitrogen Reset, Audio and Visual Alarms, Ascent Rate Functions
- Altitude Adjustable to 3,700 metres (12,100 ft)
- Algorithm: RGBM Mare-Wienke
- Deco, Safety and optional Deep stops
- Clock: Quartz, Time and Date
- 12 or 24 Hour Format
- Back Light Function for Diving in Low Light Conditions
- Dive Mode:
Current Depth, Maximum Depth
Stopwatch, Dive Time and Temperature
Ascending; Ascent Speed in Feet or Meters per Minute
- Long battery life
- User replaceable CR2450 battery
- Software Upgradeability, Ready to Grow with You
- Download/Upload Options for PC or MAC Computers
- Durable Rubber Wrist Band
- Owner's Manual
Download/read the Mares Quad Air Dive Computer Instruction Manual (Adobe PDF, 20 pages, 6.2 Mb).
What We Think...
The Mares Quad Air is the ideal computer for all kinds of diving environments, whether it be warm, cold or limited visibility. It is very lightweight thanks to the construction of the body and the wide screen design.
The well organised display offers excellent readability in all conditions, no matter if you are diving in crystal clear waters or conditions with less than perfect visibility. The durable rubber strap is comfortable on bare wrists, but will also fit around a drysuited forearm with no issues.
Note: This item cannot be delivered outside of Australia.