The Cressi AC25M Master Cromo Regulator Set delivers performance, ergonomic reliability, and ease of maintenance which make this regulator a product for true diving enthusiasts. Its amazing EN250/2014 Certification cold-water performance makes it ideal for Australia's southern temperate waters, while technical divers will love the Rotating Turret with five LP ports for easy hose routing, plus the ease of breathing and superb reliability.
The Cressi AC25M Master Cromo Regulator Set combines the new rotating turret Cressi AC25 1st stage regulator with the award-winning Cressi Master Cromo 2nd stage regulator and a 76.2 cm (30-inch) long regulator hose.
ScubaLab Regulator Best Buy 2020
The Master Cromo's distinctive elliptical, brushed stainless-steel second stage may look familiar since it has appeared in — and won — past ScubaLab tests accompanied with other first stages. But this time, it's paired with the new, balanced-piston AC25, which has a revolving turret and five low-pressure ports and maybe its best teammate yet. On the simulator, it came within a hair of taking excellent scores across the board, and that performance extended to our test dives, where divers rated it excellent for ease of breathing in swim position and very good for dry air delivery in all positions. It also tied the top score for low noise. "Silent runner," one tester noted. The second stage isn't especially small and has a fair amount of hardware, but felt lighter underwater than it looks, earning a very good score for comfort. Testers found the breathing adjustment ergonomic and effective if a bit stiff; one gripe was the way the soft diaphragm cover and stainless front plate can occasionally catch a fingertip while purging. A quality reg at a reasonable price, the AC25 Master Cromo was our Best Buy for regs.
Cressi AC25M First Stage
The Cressi AC25 is the third generation of Cressi's IP adjustable balanced piston first stage. It features two (2) 7/16-inch UNF threaded high-pressure ports and five (5) 3/8-inch UNF threaded low-pressure ports.
Four (4) low-pressure ports are located on a rotating turret that ensures that regulator and instrument connections are always in the right position. The fifth low-pressure port is a co-axial hi-flow port and is located at the top of the turret. The rotating turret swivels on 360-degree axis and features five (5) low-pressure ports designed to allow the use of more connections without interference between them.
The Cressi AC25 features the external direct IP adjustment system that can be set using a simple hex key wrench. The hi-flow conic shape filter is the same for INT and DIN. The spring and the spring bushing are coated preventing rust. Its technologically advanced design delivers consistent intermediate pressure and high performance even with low tank pressures. The Cressi AC25M First Stage Regulator features a matte finish, in gun metal-chrome plated brass.
Cressi Master Cromo Second Stage
In this regulator set the Cressi AC25 first stage regulator is combined with the Cressi Master Cromo, the pneumatic balanced 2nd stage that features an elliptical shape and a lateral knob for Venturi adjustment. Adjustable inhalation effort on the side of the regulator for fine-tuning of breathing resistance. Patented elliptical diaphragm and low-friction lever provide an air delivery system without injector.
The knob for adjusting inhalation effort is made of a metallic material to guarantee reliability and resistance to blows and scratches. Laser-etched brushed stainless steel front cover piece, internal heat exchanger and for easy maintenance cover cap opening with cam-lock fastener. The Cressi Master Cromo second stage has a noise-absorbing technopolymer body and removable techno polymer exhaust deflector.
The performance of the Cressi AC25M Master Cromo Regulator Set is equal to if not greater than more sophisticated products because it maintains a WOB (Work of Breathing) under 0.78 Joule/litre.
The Cressi AC25M Master Cromo Regulator Set meets EN250/2014 certification for use in water temperature colder than 10-degrees C (50-degrees F). It comes with a 3/8-inch threaded 76.2 cm (30-inch) long low-pressure hose, an owner's manual and is made in Italy.
Cressi AC25M Master Cromo Regulator Features
- ScubaLab Regulator Best Buy 2020
- Technical divers will love the rotating turret with five LP ports
- First Stage: Cressi AC25M
- Balanced Piston Design
- High-Performance: Meets Most Demanding Divers Needs
- 5 Low Pressure (LP) Ports with 3/8-inch UNF Threads
- 360-Degree Rotating Turret for Maximum Hose Routing (4 LP)
- Fifth Port: Co-Axial Hi-Flow Located at Top of Turret
- 2 High Pressure (HP) Ports with 7/16-inch UNF Threads
- Matte Finish, Gun Metal-Chrome Plated Brass
- Connection: Yoke/INT (HX900000) or DIN (HX900100)
- Second Stage: Cressi Master Cromo
- Pneumatically Balanced Second Stage Design
- Patented Elliptical Diaphragm
- Adjustable Breathing Effort
- Venturi Dive/Pre-Dive Switch
- Patented Low-Friction Lever
- Adjuster Knob Chromed Brass
- Noise-Absorbing Techno Polymer Body
- Cover: Brushed Stainless Steel
- Internal Heat Exchanger for Better Cold-Water Performance
- Removable Exhaust Deflector
- Second Stage Weight: 207 g (7.3 oz) without Hose
- Lightweight Jacketed 3/8-inch Threaded Low Pressure (LP) Hose
- Hose Length: 76.2 cm (30-inch)
- EN250/2014 Certification for Cold Water: colder than 10-Degree C (50-Degree F)
- Owner's Manual
- Manufactured in Italy
What We Think...
- The rotating turret first stage with two HP and five LP ports is just the setup advanced and technical divers need.
- We love that this reg is rated for cold-water use. You can dive with it anywhere.
- Many tech divers should be using this reg, however because of Cressi's history and focus on recreational diving, Cressi won't promote the reg to the technical market. Well we will, because it performs better than the popular tech options, plus it is great value for money.
Add an Octopus:
For top performance, we recommend the Cressi Octopus MG Balanced Second Stage Regulator.
For a lightweight alternative we suggest the Cressi Octopus XS Compact Second Stage Regulator.
Add a Console:
For top performance, we recommend the Cressi Digi 2 Digital Console. It's a SPG, Depth gauge, Temperature gauge and Bottom Timer on steroids!
What about a Yoke 1st Stage?
We recommend DIN valve connection regulators as this setup is much safer and lighter. If you want a Yoke valve connection, just purchase a DIN to Yoke Adaptor so that you can easily switch between DIN and Yoke. Or purchase the Yoke version.
Please download/read the Cressi Regulator Directions For Use Manual - Read First (PDF, 15 pages, 600 Kb) and the Cressi Regulator Complete Directions For Use Manual (PDF, 62 pages, 11.7 Mb)
Cressi International Warranty:
In accordance with Directive 1999/44 EC, Cressi guarantees its products against inherent and operating defects. To offer better service to its customers and consumers, and to affirm the efficiency and quality of its manufacturing processes, it has decided to extend the terms of the guarantee on Regulators purchased in Australia as follows:
Two (2) years from the date of purchase.
12 months for operating defects and 24 months for inherent defects.
Exceptions: Consumable parts, damage due to negligence, blows, or normal wear and tear.
Note: This item cannot be delivered outside of Australia.