The Apeks XL4+ Regulator Set is especially well-suited for the technical exploration diver who prefers cold water climates. Compact and lightweight It helps reduce jaw fatigue during long and cold dives. Designed with an innovative over-moulded end cap in conjunction with the environmental diagram that helps prevent ice build-up. The XL4+ also makes an ideal stage regulator and is also an excellent high-performance option for the technical exploration diver who is serious about maximising functionality and minimising weight.
Scubalab Testers Choice 2019
ScubaLab's team of test divers reviewed the Apeks XL4+ in its 2019 regulator review. The XL4+ impressed the divers, who gave it Testers Choice honours for regs over US$500.
The Apeks XL4+ Regulator Set is tested for cold water while keeping lightweight for travelling divers. A small 2nd stage is perfect for longer dives to reduce jaw fatigue and reduce bulk on a stage cylinder. The XL4+ is perfect for divers who want a regulator they can use in cold waters that isn't heavy so they can use it as a holiday regulator too.
Break through, innovative over-moulded first-stage endcap and environmental diaphragm helps prevent ice build-up that can cause first stage free flow in extreme circumstances. Also protects the first stage from impact damage. Large surface area heat exchanger diaphragm clamp helps increase the gas temperature inside the first stage, resulting in improved cold-water performance. Unique over-balanced diaphragm design as the diver descends, the over-balancing feature allows the intermediate pressure gas in the hose to increase at a faster rate than ambient. This results in superior performance at depth. Compact machined first stage based on the expedition tested DS4 platform. First stage has four 3/8-inch UNF threaded low-pressure and two 7/16-inch UNF high-pressure ports.
The Apeks XL4+ compact and lightweight second stage improves comfort and helps reduce jaw fatigue on long duration dives. High performance pneumatically balanced lever operated poppet valve. Large, over moulded self-flushing and controllable purge button. Ergonomic Venturi lever is easy to use and locate. Flexible nylon braided hose has better cold-water performance than a traditional rubber hose. Standard metallic hose connection for interchangeability. Comfo-bite mouthpiece has a unique bridge that fits across the upper palate and does not require bite pressure to stay in place. Reusable mouthpiece clip makes it simple to change mouthpieces in the field. Durable and flexible rubber exhaust tee provides excellent bubble diversion. 2nd stage can be configured for right or left-hand use.
The Apeks XL4+ Regulator Set weight is 905g (2 lb) for the DIN version and 1,041g (2.3 lb) for the Yoke version. Regulator is Nitrox compatible to 40% O2 when new, out of the box, and can be O2 cleaned to 100%. Comes with an owner's manual.
Apeks XL4+ Regulator Set DIN or Yoke Features
- Nitrox Ready to 40% O2 Out-of-the-Box, Can be O2 Cleaned to 100%
- Compact, Lightweight Regulator
- Suitable for Diving in All Environments
- Great Cold-Water Rig
- Design and Low Weight Help Reduce Jaw Fatigue on Long Dives
- Ideal Stage Regulator
- Perfect for Technical Exploration Diver with Large Amount of Equipment
- High-Performance Option for Technical Divers Serious About Weight Savings
- First-Stage Regulator:
- Machined 1st-Stage Based-On-Expedition Tested Apeks DS4 Platform
- Innovative Over Moulded First-Stage Endcap
- Environmental Diaphragm Helps Prevent Ice Build-Up
- Endcap: Protects First Stage from Impact Damage
- Large Surface Area Heat Exchanger Diaphragm Clamp:
Helps Increase Gas Temperature Inside 1st-Stage
Improved Cold-Water Performance
- Unique Over-Balanced Diaphragm Design:
Allows Intermediate Pressure in Hose to Increase at Faster Rate than Ambient
Superior Performance at Depth
- Four 3/8 inch UNF Threaded Low-Pressure (LP) Ports
- Two 7/16 inch UNF High-Pressure (HP) Port
- Second-Stage Regulator:
- Compact and Lightweight
- Reduce Jaw Fatigue on Long Duration Dives
- High Performance Pneumatically Balanced Lever Operated Poppet Valve
- Large, Over Molded Self-Flushing and Controllable Purge Button
- Ergonomic Venturi Lever, Easy to Use and Locate
- Flexible Nylon Braided Hose, Better Cold-Water Performance
- Standard Metallic Hose Connection for Interchangeability
- Comfo-Bite Mouthpiece:
Unique Bridge Fits Across Upper Palate
Does-Not Require Bite Pressure to Stay-In-Place
- Reusable Mouthpiece Clip: Simple to Change Mouthpieces In-the-Field
- Durable and Flexible Rubber Exhaust Tee Provides Excellent Bubble Diversion
- Configured for Right or Left-Hand Use
- Weight: DIN 905 g (2 lb), Yoke 1041 g (2.3 lb)
- Owner's Manual
For Single Cylinder Setups:
For Stage Cylinder Setups:
What We Think...
The Apeks XL4+ Regulator Set works really well as a reg, breathing smoothly and staying dry regardless of orientation or depth, but that wasn’t exactly a revelation. This regulator is an all-round excellent performer, just like the XL4 before it. But do yourself a favour and get the DIN version — it's much lighter for travel plus safer.
Note: This item cannot be delivered outside of Australia.
Order In Item:
This is not a regularly stocked item in our Rye dive shop. It will be ordered for you from the manufacturer, typically resulting in a 3-4 day delay.