The IST Proline Aluminium Finger Spool Reel is constructed of tough anodised aluminium alloy for durability, and loaded with 30 metres (100 ft) of standard cave line. It includes a large-sized (10 cm | 4.0 in), durable, double-ended marine grade 304 stainless steel bolt snap.
Finger spools are most often used as jump/gap reels, or for short-distance exploration. The IST Proline Aluminium Finger Spool Reel is a good choice for open water divers who seek a very low-profile reel for use with SMB/marking/lift bags.
Small and low-profile, this finger spool fits nicely out of the way in a pocket or clipped off to a D-ring. The last 5 metres (15 ft) of the line has been changed into orange colour for the purpose of being as a decompression stop reminder for divers.
The Anodised Aluminium Body is light, tough and corrosion-resistant. It's machined from a single piece of Aluminium Alloy so there are no weak joins or edges. Large holes on either side of the spools allow the line to be locked off with the supplied stainless steel Double-Ended Bolt Snap anywhere along the perimeter of the spool to keep the line tight when not in use.
The Easy Grip Flared Spool design has ridged edges for better control and grip during use and the flared sides make winding in neat and easy. The flare makes for easier use with gloves with a larger diameter centre hole big enough for a gloved finger to fit through. Each spool is purposely not over-wound so you can add an extra line if desired and allows for untidy winding after multiple uses.
IST Proline Aluminium Finger Spool Reel 30 metre Features
- Used as gap reel or for short distance exploration
- Flared design makes for easier winding when wearing gloves underwater
- Large centre finger hole for using with thicker gloves
- Ridged edges for better control and grip during use
- High quality, high visibility Yellow line
- No mechanical parts to fail
- Spool fits nicely out of the way in pocket or clipped off to a D-ring
- Side holes: for clipping in a double-ended snap on perimeter of the spool, keeps line tight
- Strong line: Braided PE, maximum 80 kg (176 lb) dry weight
- The last 5 metres (15 ft) of the line has been changed into orange colour for the purpose of being as a decompression stop reminder for divers
- Simple, but durable construction
- Double ended marine grade 304 stainless steel 10 cm (4 inch) bolt snap clip
Outer Diameter: 84 mm (3.3 inch)
Internal Diameter: 31 mm (1.2 inch)
Width: 52 mm (2 inch)
Weight: 291 g (10.26 oz)
Body Colour: Blue
Line Colour: Yellow
Tip: Thoroughly soak the spool in freshwater after use and wind the line tightly and neatly to ensure smooth deployment next time.