The Suunto Vyper Novo wrist dive computer (without USB cable) is a robust, nitrox-capable dive computer for advanced divers with optional air integration. Its 3-D compass will quickly become your new best friend with its ability to give a true reading, even at a 45° degree angle, will make keeping your heading easier than ever. If you use enriched air nitrox (EAN), you can program the Suunto Vyper Novo for 3 gas mixtures in 1% increments for nitrox mixtures (21-99% oxygen).
The Suunto Vyper Novo dive computer uses the Suunto Deep Stop RGBM algorithm that offers continuous decompression reading and offers an optimal ascent time. The goal of Suunto is to keep you safe. With that in mind, they included the deep stop option as part of the Suunto Vyper Novo. The deep stop option includes additional stops between the diver's maximum depth and ceiling to allow divers to off gas safely while making an ascent. The dive computer has a 42 hour of diving logbook memory.
The Suunto Viper Novo provides audible alarms and notifications for dive time, maximum depth, tank pressure (optional), high pO2, fast ascents, decompression ceiling violations, CNS/OUT (OLF) 80%/100% and switch gas (better gas is available).
The Viper Novo has a back lite display which makes seeing your dive data easy during night and day dives.
The Suunto Viper Novo provides a depth display to 100 metres (330 ft). Its clock can be set with a 12 or 24-hour format, plus it provides temperature reading above and below the surface to 1°C (1.5°F) accuracy and is altitude adjustable up to 3,000 metres (10,000 ft).
The computer can be programed for Nitrox mixtures from 21% to 99% oxygen and displays oxygen partial pressures from 1.2 to 1.6 bar (17.4 psi to 23.2 psi).
The Suunto Viper Novo is powered by a user-replaceable 3 volt CR2450 lithium-ion battery.
The Viper Novo has an enlarged segment matrix screen, excellent contrast and information with bigger and clearer digits for depth, no-decompression etc., and a new 4 button interface for easier more intuitive diver use. The Computer can be set for imperial (feet) or metric (meter) measurements.
The Suunto Vyper Novo has multiple dive modes including Air, Nitrox (up to 3 mixtures), Gauge, and Free Dive. The computer comes with a DVD owner's manual and quick guide.
Suunto Vyper Novo Lite Wrist Dive Computer Features
- Algorithm: Bruce R. Wienke, BS, MS and PhD, Reduced Gradient Bubble Model (RGBM)
- Operating Modes: Air, Nitrox, Gauge and Free Dive
- Innovative apnea timer for free diving, and a timer in air/nitrox modes
- Gas-switching between up to three gases
- Programmable for 21% to 99% Oxygen Mixtures
- Displays Oxygen Partial Pressures from 1.2 to 1.6 bar (17.4 psi to 23.2 psi)
- Altitude Adjustable Up to 3,000 metres (10,000 ft)
- Maximum Depth Display: 100 metres (330 ft)
- 12 or 24 Hour Clock Format
- Temperature Gauge to 1°C (1.5°F) Accuracy
- Imperial/Metric Programmable
- Decompression Stop Data
- Audible Alarms
- 42 Hour Profile and Logbook Memory
- User-Replaceable 3 Volt CR2450 Lithium-Ion Battery
- Back Lite Display, Easy to Read in Low Light and Night Conditions
- 3-D Compass with 45° Degree Tilt Angle
- Optional wireless air integration — current cylinder pressure, remaining air time
- Enlarged Segment Matrix Screen
- Excellent Contrast and Information w/Bigger/Clearer Digits
- Easier More Intuitive Diver Use
- USB Cable NOT included in package
- PC Compatible
- DVD Owner's Manual
- Quick Guide
- Package includes Suunto Vyper Novo, display shield, warranty leaflet, safety leaflet, quick quide and Suunto logo sticker
- Measurements: 71.2 x 71.2 x 29.5 mm
- Weight: 134 g
Colours: Graphite (SS050434000) or White (SS050433000)
In the Box
Suunto Vyper Novo Dive Computer, display shield, warranty leaflet, safety leaflet, quick guide and Suunto logo sticker
How to change the Suunto Vyper Novo battery.
Download/read the Suunto Vyper Novo User Guide (PDF, 86 pages, 1.2 Mb)
- The International Limited Warranty Period starts at the date of original retail purchase.
- The Warranty Period is five (5) years for failures attributable to the depth measurement (pressure) sensor on Suunto Dive Computers.
- The Warranty Period is two (2) years for Dive Products and Dive transmitters unless otherwise specified.
- The Warranty Period is one (1) year for accessories including but not limited to wireless sensors, chargers, cables, rechargeable batteries, straps, bracelets and hoses.
Note: This item cannot be delivered outside of Australia.
The Suunto Viper Novo wrist dive computer is also available bundled with the Suunto Wireless Tank Transmitter.
What We Think...
- The Vyper Novo is perfect for all levels of the recreational diver on the hunt for a sleek, large screen computer with a compass and optional air integration.
- Updates have brought the design bang up to date, with an improved battery compartment mechanism
- We think this is a great choice for recreational divers with its easy-to-read and super bright display with advanced features to take your diving to the next level