The Fourth Element Thermocline 2 Men's Long Sleeve Top is neutrally buoyant and gives you the thermal performance of a 2 mm neoprene wetsuit, without the neoprene. It is the ultimate torso protection for warm water diving stand-alone, or for wearing under your wetsuit for extra warmth in temperate and cold waters!
The Thermocline Men's Long Sleeve Top can be worn on its own as a thermal top, or with a pair of Thermocline Leggings (as shown), as a lightweight two-piece suit. Alternatively, layer this underneath a neoprene wetsuit to increase thermal protection of the body core by the equivalent of an extra 2mm of neoprene, without affecting your buoyancy.
The Thermocline Long Sleeve Top combines Fourth Elements experience with high technology fabrics and passion for diving to provide a more comfortable and convenient diving experience. They are neutrally buoyant, machine washable, breathable, lightweight and hypoallergenic.
The comfort is not limited to the dive. The Thermocline breathable fabric ensures that the diver is more comfortable when fully kitted up and waiting to enter the water. The lightness of the material is ideal for travelling divers keen to keep their baggage light.
The material is neutrally buoyant, allowing less lead to be worn. It dries quickly, even during the surface interval.
Next Generation Oceanwear
The original neutrally buoyant wetsuit system, Thermocline is lightweight, machine washable and equivalent to a 2mm neoprene wetsuit, without the wetsuit, making it perfect for those allergic to neoprene. Now, made using recycled 'Ghost' fishing nets, Thermocline is part of the Fourth Element OceanPositive collection.
- Neoprene free
- Outer contains 78% recycled Nylon
- Wind and waterproof fabric
- Neutrally buoyant
- Machine washable
- Equivalent of 2mm neoprene
Thermocline is Machine Washable
Machine wash at 30°C. Line dry. Do not use bleach. Do not iron. Do not tumble dry. Can be dry cleaned. Avoid the use of fabric softeners.
Thermocline provides a solution for many people who suffer from neoprene allergies either by replacing the traditional wetsuit entirely or acting as a barrier, reducing contact between the skin and the wetsuit itself.
Perfect for all surface water sports as well as warm water scuba, this is revolutionary thermal protection. Lightweight, neutrally buoyant, machine washable, breathable and hypo-allergenic, the Thermocline full suit combines our experience with high technology fabrics with our passion for life in, on and under the water, to produce a truly versatile lightweight wetsuit system. The fabric ensures that the wearer is more comfortable when out of the water, during surface sports, or when kitting up for a dive.
The inner fleece layer draws moisture away from the skin and wicks through the breathable membrane where it evaporates off the nylon surface. In the water, the membrane traps a thin layer next to the skin and prevents colder water flowing over the body, perfect for surfers, freedivers and scuba divers.
Thermocline dries rapidly, often within an hour or between dives — a quick rinse and a squeeze to get rid of excess water before hanging it up inside out should ensure it is ready for your next adventure.
No more smelly neoprene suits — this wetsuit can be machine washed (we recommend using our SUB30 environmentally friendly washing liquid). Store it safely with other garments and when packing for vacation there's no need to worry about potentially damaging the fabric – it can be squeezed into that last remaining space in your luggage without any worries.
It is our experience that skin allergies to neoprene, whilst rare, are also not caused by a single compound and therefore it is difficult to be certain of preventing a problem. Thermocline has been used with a great deal of success by neoprene allergy sufferers, but it is important to consult with a doctor about any symptoms and possible alternatives.
Utilising a unique fabric made using ECONYL® recycled nylon from 'ghost' fishing nets, laminated with a waterproof membrane and thermal fleece, Thermocline revolutionises the notion that being environmentally responsible means sacrificing performance or aesthetics. The next generation Thermocline fabric is the highest performing fabric we have ever made for this application and it feels as good as it looks. Its outer layer is 78% recycled nylon, from 'ghost' fishing nets and other post-consumer waste; this truly is good for the ocean.
Fabric is 33% Econyl® Recycled Nylon / 57% Polyester / 10% Elastane.
Fourth Element Thermocline 2 Mens Long Sleeve Top Features
- Male Specific Fit
- Protect Your Upper Body from Cold, Sun and Marine Stingers
- Get the Thermal Performance of a 2mm neoprene wetsuit without the neoprene.
- The Ultimate Choice for Warm Water Diving and Snorkelling!
- Perfect for Layering Under a Wetsuit in Temperate/Cold Waters for Extra Warmth
- Great Solution for People with Neoprene Allergies
- Neutrally Buoyant Wetsuit System — less lead is required to be worn on dives
- Breathable, Lightweight and Hypoallergenic for Comfort and Convenience
- The breathable fabric ensures that the diver is more comfortable when fully kitted up on the surface, waiting to enter the water.
- Extremely fast drying, even during surface intervals.
- Fully Machine Washable and it dries quickly.
Fourth Element Thermocline Size Charts
Use the tables below as a guide to help select which size Thermocline best suits your body type. If you require any further assistance/advice please don't hesitate to contact us.
* Inside Leg Measurements are taken from the crotch to the floor.
Thermocline Mens Sizes
What We Think...
- Can be worn by itself, or underneath a wetsuit for extra warmth.
- Wonderfully comfortable and versatile Top that you can pair with Thermocline Leggins
- Neutrally buoyant meaning less lead required — lovely!
- Equivalent warmth of a 2mm wetsuit
- Solution for people with neoprene allergies.
- An alternative to the Sharkskin, Lavacore and Enth Degree products.
Note: This item cannot be delivered outside of Australia.