Shop by Category
Kayaking is growing in popularity for many reasons.
- The price of Fuel and environmental awareness is turning many power boaters towards the more Eco-friendly sport.
- Fitness awareness “Other than doing Pilate's and aerobics, its also one of the best workouts.”
- With a little instruction, "people can have a very positive experience the first time out”.
- “No petrol, no boat licence, no ramp fee's or queue.
- It also has little environmental impact. Working with nature not against it”.
The sport is now more accessible to all.
Kayaks are now made of rotomoulded plastic, Kevlar and fiberglass that greatly reduces the need for exceptional upper body strength in order to move and carry boats. A kayak they can handle on and off the car, and they can use it without anyone around to help them.
Kayak diving and fishing.
Dive boats and RIB's certainly have their place (we've got one) but there are many advantages to diving/fishing from a kayak. Conventional shore diving/fishing can be limiting and frustrating because there are many excellent dives that are just offshore, on reefs, islands, wrecks and at the base of cliffs, that can only be reached by boat. Most of these can be reached on a Kayak.
You can either paddle, pedal or sail out, moor up or drag the kayaks ashore for a shore dive, or use an anchor for diving/fishing offshore.
You have to be organised with regard to equipment etc. Kayaking fishing, like diving is a wet environment susceptible to change, specialist waterproof equipment is required to survive these harsh wet elements. Diving equipment is designed for this.