The Scuba Doctor dive shop has the largest range of Miflex Hose Accessories and Tools for Scuba Divers in Australia at everyday low prices.
Diving and Snorkelling Downloads
The Scuba Doctor is slowly building a collection of important diving and snorkelling related files for download here. If you have something, or are looking for something, you think should be available here, then please contact us via an email to email@example.com.
Victoria's Dive Site GPS Marks
Port Phillip — The Heads
ex HMAS Canberra Dive Site
Melbourne & Victoria Dive Site Information Sheets
Marine Life Identification
See also Taxonomic Toolkit For Marine Life Of Port Phillip Bay.
Marine Park Identification
Parks Victoria Marine Notes, Park Notes, Visitor Guides,
Maps & Management Plans
Dive Kit Checklists
Dive Boat Related
- VSAG Recommended Club Dive Boat Equipment (Adobe PDF | 170.77 KB) — November 2012
- Guidelines for the safe operation of member club dive boats from the Combined Diving Association (CDA) (Adobe PDF | 242.4 KB) — UK publication, October 2017
- BSAC Small Boat Safety Checklist (Adobe PDF | 2.07 MB)
- BSAC Voyage Planning Sheet (Adobe PDF | 55.38 KB)
- Marine Safety Victoria - I've Gone Boating flyer (Adobe PDF | 212.22 KB)
- Marine Safety Victoria - Vessel Pre-Trip Checklist (Adobe PDF | 156.8 KB)
- Marine Safety Victoria - Skipper's Manual (Adobe PDF | 2.13 MB) — Keep a copy on your dive boat.
- Marine Safety Victoria - Vessel Refuelling Safety Checklist (Adobe PDF | 152.79 KB) — Keep a copy on your dive boat.
- Victorian Recreational Boating Safety Handbook (Adobe PDF | 14.08 MB) — A downloadable version of Marine Safety Victoria's Victorian Recreational Boating Safety Handbook, July 2020.
- Safety Equipment, July 2012 (Adobe PDF | 1.77 MB) — Factsheet on Maritime Safety from Transport Safety Victoria.
- Victorian Marine Safety Act 2010 (Adobe PDF | 979.83 KB)
- Victorian Marine Safety Regulations 2012 (Adobe PDF | 1.06 MB)
- Harbour Master's Directions for port waters of the Port of Melbourne (Adobe PDF | 2.74 MB) — 11th edition, May 2019
- Port Information Guide for the Port of Melbourne (Adobe PDF | 7.68 MB) — 4th edition, effective from 23 March 2018
- Port Phillip Recreational Boating Guide (Adobe PDF | 10.32 MB) — 7th edition, June 2019
- Western Port Recreational Boating Guide (Adobe PDF | 5.65 MB) — 5th edition, June 2011
- Port of Hastings Harbour Master’s Directions (Adobe PDF | 1.73 MB) — August 2019
- Raydon Boat Safety and Dive Equipment (Adobe PDF | 281.3 KB) — An example information sheet. Create your own version, print and laminate it, and keep it on your dive boat.
- Raydon Dive and Boat Captain Information Sheet (Adobe PDF | 197.78 KB) — An example emergency information sheet. Create your own version, print and laminate it, and keep it on your dive boat.
- Raydon Boat Participation Agreement and Consumer Waiver (Adobe PDF | 15.68 KB) — Every time you have divers coming out to participate in scuba diving activities from your dive boat ask them to read, understand and consent to the terms of a Boat Participation Agreement and Consumer Waiver. Create your own version, print and laminate it. Keep it clearly displayed on your dive boat.
- Raydon Boat Diving Consent Form (Adobe PDF | 155.5 KB) — Create your own version, print copies and have every diver coming out to participate in scuba diving activities from your dive boat read, understand and sign it.
- Dive Management Sheet (Adobe PDF | 388.58 KB) — Use this form to record what happens on each dive from your dive boat.
- Radio Safety Information (Adobe PDF | 403.94 KB) — How to make an emergency radio call. Print and laminate this and keep it on your dive boat.
Scuba Diving and Snorkelling Guidelines
General Diving Information
- SDFV Codes of Practice 2005 (Adobe PDF | 62.35 KB) — Scuba Divers Federation of Victoria general operating guidelines for recreational scuba diving and related activities.
- U.S. Navy Diving Manual - Revision 7 (Adobe PDF | 13.59 MB) — The U.S. Navy Diving Manual is a very complete reference on diving based on the extensive research and experience of the U.S. Navy. The manual contains major sections covering rebreathers, no-decompression diving, open-circuit SCUBA, surface-supplied diving, the diving environment, Navy dive procedures, physics, physiology and recompression chamber operation. The U.S. Navy Diving Manual underwent some significant updates with the sixth revision issued in April 2008. One major change is their decompression procedures and the introduction of a revised decompression algorithm and table. Although much of the information is interesting, it may have limited application to your recreational diving. Still, recreational diving has some of its roots in the almost 1000 pages of this document. Best of all, it's available at no charge because it was developed with US taxpayer funds. The file is large, 14 MB, so best to right click on the link and "Save..." it to your hard drive rather than open it in the browser.
- NOAA Diving Standards and Safety Manual - April 2017 (Adobe PDF | 20.59 MB) — This document represents the minimum safety standards for diving under the auspices of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) as of the approval date of this manual.
UK Nautical Archaeology Society
The NAS has developed a series of recording forms that may help with marine archaeology projects that you are undertaking. These forms can be printed on waterproof paper and mounted on survey boards for use underwater. Completed record forms should kept as part of your project archive.
COVID-19 and Diving
Dive Shop Downloads
Victorian Tide Times for 2022
The tide times can also be referred to as "tide tables, tides, tide predictions or tide charts". The tide predictions in these files represent the times and height of high and low waters.
Other tide publications.